As of 1 October 2017, all organisations performing activities that have an impact on the environment are required to comply with the adopted environmental protection rules (the Rules).
The Rules contain environment protection requirements regulating:
- Construction, planning and putting into operation of different types of facilities, buildings and structures;
- Soil and land protection during removal, conservation and use of the top fertile layer of soil;
- Air protection;
- Groundwater extraction and protection;
- Waste management operations;
- Wastewater discharges; and
- Environmental impact monitoring activities performed by facilities that have an impact on the environment.
Law: Decree No. 5-T of 18 July 2017 on the adoption of Environment Protection Norms and Rules EcoNiP 17.01.06-001-2017 “Environment protection and use of natural resources. Environmental safety requirements”