As of 1 January 2017 facilities performing air emissions, disposing of hazardous wastes and/or discharging wastewater into water bodies in Ukraine are required to pay higher environmental fees for these operations.
In particular, the following environmental rates have been increased.
- NOx – increased to 2204,89 hryvna per one ton (previously – 1968,65 hryvna per one ton)
- Ammonia – increased to 413,53 hryvna per one ton (previously – 369,53 hryvna per one ton)
- Ozone – increased to 2204 hryvna per one ton (previously – 1968,65 hryvna per one ton); etc.
- Discharges of polluting substances into water bodies
- Petrochemicals – increased from 7607 to 8519 hryvna per one ton
- Nitrates – from 111 to 124 hryvna per one ton; etc.
Hazardous waste disposal
- Mercury-containing electrical and electronic equipment or parts of equipment generating ionizing radiation – from 694 to 778 hryvna per unit; etc.