In August 2017, State Agency of Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving published a number of draft Technical Regulations that would impose eco-design requirements on certain types of products placed on the Ukrainian market.
Eco-design requirements have been proposed for the following products:
- Electric motors;
- Power transformers with a minimum power rating of 1 kVA used in 50 Hz electricity transmission and distribution networks or for industrial applications;
- Directional lamps; light-emitting diode (LED) lamps; equipment designed for installation between the mains and the lamps, including lamp control gear, control devices and luminaires (other than ballasts and luminaires for fluorescent and high-intensity discharge lamps);
- Glandless standalone circulators and glandless circulators integrated in products;
- Rotodynamic water pumps for pumping clean water, including those which are integrated in other products; and
- Fans driven by motors with an electric input power between 125 W and 500 kW.
The Draft Technical Regulations establish ecodesign requirements that, if adopted, would be compulsory for manufacturers or importers intending to place these products on the market in Ukraine.
In addition, Technical Regulation on establishing a framework for the setting of ecodesign requirements for energy-related products was also published. The draft TR aims to implement into the national law the Directive 2009/125/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 October 2009 establishing a framework for the setting of ecodesign requirements for energy-related products. If adopted, the draft TR would apply to all energy consuming products.