As of 1 May 2018, manufacturers and importers of gas cookers and water heaters are required to comply with the requirements adopted by Technical Regulation on the Safety of Devices Operating on Gaseous Fuel.
The adopted TR applies to gas-consuming equipment intended for cooking, heating and hot water supply, as well as to its components. The TR does not apply to equipment:
using gas as motor fuel;
supplied for military procurement;
intended to be used in technological processes at industrial enterprises.
The TR contains the minimum set of mandatory requirements for equipment operating on gaseous fuel. The TR regulates explosion, electrical, mechanical, thermal and environmental safety of equipment operating on gaseous fuel.
The state control over observance of the established requirements carries out:
• The Uzbek State Inspectorate for the Control of the Use of Oil Products and Gas under the Cabinet of Ministers;
• State Committee of Ecology and Environmental Protection;
• The State Fire Safety Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
• the Ministry of Health; and
• The Uzbek Agency for Standardization, Metrology and Certification and other authorized state bodies within their competence.
Law: Decree No. 880 of 30 October 2017 on the Safety of Devices Operating on Gaseous Fuel